Business Director – Australia/NZ
Prior to rejoining TrinityP3, David Angell spent two years based in Singapore as the Regional Chief Operating Officer at Havas. This experience built a fifteen year career in media agencies, during which he was involved in various aspects of agency business, from trading media to communications strategy, data and analytics, diversified agency services, development of commercial contracts and senior leadership. He has advised clients and client teams across numerous disciplines including Marketing, C-Suite, Finance, Sales and Procurement. He has worked with the WPP, IPG, STW and Publicis agency networks and has led diverse teams across the UK and Australian markets. David has provided media smarts and counsel to a variety of highly respected international and Australian organisations, including (amongst others) British Airways, MYER, Target Retail, KMart, L’Oreal, Mondelez, BP and General Mills.
David’s expertise in client relationship building and consultation has earned him numerous awards and recognition from the clients and agencies he’s worked with. He is a passionate believer in the development of trust-built partnerships between marketers and their agencies and the benefits this approach brings to marketing results and to the integrity of both agency and client business.
Before arriving in Australia in 2007, a sabbatical year spent travelling and writing novels provided several unique and diverse experiences. As well as benefitting from expanded horizons and new people, David applied some of what he learnt over this time to the way in which he approaches his professional life.
David is a Senior Consultant at TrinityP3. In this role, David brings his broader commercial and relationship expertise to bear on a diverse range of projects, with one core objective – achieving beneficial results for our clients – in mind.
- ThinkTV and the Future of TV Advertising – Are we in the future, or the past?
- Media Agencies and the ACCC – We’re Way Beyond ‘Education’
- Addressability – Why is it a big threat to media agencies?
- Practical advice on navigating the media supply chain (An interview with David Angell)
- Pitfalls to avoid when losing a pitch.
- Media performance management – Become an Instant Expert
- How to know if you need to pitch your agency
- Losing pitches, part 2: a further 7 ‘less obvious’ reasons why agencies lose pitches
- The latest ANA Programmatic Transparency Report – laudable intent, but what does it actually tell us?
- 8 ‘Less Obvious’ Reasons Why Agencies Lose Pitches