Executive Chairman USA
Michael Farmer is Executive Chairman of TrinityP3 USA, a strategic marketing management consulting firm for advertisers. He is Adjunct Assistant Professor of Branding and Integrated Communications at The City College of New York (CCNY) and founder of Farmer & Company LLC.
Farmer is the author of Madison Avenue Manslaughter, a book about the decline of strategic partnerships between advertisers and their ad agencies. Madison Avenue Manslaughter was awarded the Axiom Gold Business Book Award for the best marketing / advertising book of 2016.
Previously, Farmer was a strategy consultant with The Boston Consulting Group and a Director of Bain & Company. He headed (in turn) Bain’s Munich, Paris and London offices during Bain’s period of European expansion. He lived and worked abroad in Brazil, Switzerland, Turkey, Germany, France and UK for more than 20 years.
Farmer has an A.B. degree from Princeton University and an MBA with highest honors from Harvard Business School. He currently lives in Madison, Connecticut and works out of New York City.
- Post-COVID Forecast: A Resurgence of Marketing and the Beginning of the End for Madison Avenue’s Manslaughter
- Cost-cutting is a ‘coping’ strategy — but it is no substitute for effective marketing
- Ad Agencies are Complex Businesses. New Metrics are Needed for Improved Management
- Forget ‘The Agency of the Future.’ Fix ‘The Agency of Today’
- Is there an Advertising Industry ‘Normal’ to Return to after this Disruption?
- The Next Big Thing in Media & Advertising: Simplification
- Creative Agencies: Winning the Battle but Losing the War
- Hidden Costs of Digital and Social Media
- Advertising Agencies’ Top Three Strategic Challenges — and Two Solutions
- Insights About the Unfortunate Decline in Client-Agency Relationships