Welcome to the May edition of TrinityP3’s e-news for 2014.
Have a question about
- agency search and selection,
- agency engagement and alignment, or
- agency benchmarking and monitoring?
Just ask us, we’re always happy to help.
2014 ANA Financial Conference Review
This post is by Darren Woolley, Founder of TrinityP3.
For the past 5 years I have made the pilgrimage across the Pacific to attend the ANA Advertising Financial Management Conference. Although the focus is clearly US, it is by far the best marketing procurement event in the world. This year more than 635+ procurement, marketing, agency and consultant professional gathered at the Ritz Carlton Naples, Florida to discuss all things advertising financial management.
This year was an exceptional year with outstanding presentations and worthwhile discussions. However, while it was certainly three full days of presentations, there are still several major issues left to be addressed. Hopefully next year, but I want to highlight them here to add them clearly to the industry agenda.
Continue Reading 2014 ANA Advertising Financial Management Conference – a comprehensive review
5 questions for the marketing landscape
This post is by Anton Buchner, senior consultant with TrinityP3.
Remember Chubbs from Happy Gilmore? “A damn alligator bit my hand off”, he said to Happy. In the deep grassy landscape of marketing and advertising you need to be careful of alligators and other predators ready to rip your limbs off.
In this post I want to draw your attention to the rapidly changing landscape of service providers facing marketers today. All ready to rip revenue out of marketer’s budgets. However are they generalists, specialists, specialists in being general or general at trying to claim specialism? The message is caveat emptor (buyer beware).
The old landscape
I won’t labour the point. We all know it was cleaner when marketers knew the difference between media, advertising, direct mail, PR and promotions agencies.
Continue reading 5 questions to ask agencies in the new marketing landscape
10 tips to a winning Chemistry meeting
This post is by Anita Zanesco, Senior Consultant at TrinityP3.
I’ve had a lot of conversations about pitch chemistry sessions lately. Mainly from agencies who haven’t made it through to the next round because let’s face it, why would you question what you were doing if it was working? The questions all follow a common theme: “Are we doing enough?” “What aren’t we doing right?” “What can we do differently?”
My answers, unfortunately, are also boringly similar. If I was wicked I could of course suggest that winning agencies were including interpretative dance or group meditation and while that would provide a great deal of entertainment for me as a pitch consultant, it would not be entirely truthful.
While doing things in a unique way or introducing a proprietary tool for the session may make you stand out, at the end of the day I have to remind everyone that a chemistry session is about exactly what it says on the tin…chemistry!
Continue reading 10 tips that are the answer to a winning pitch Chemistry meeting
Top TrinityP3 Posts for the Month
Top 5 TrinityP3 posts for April
- How do your agency rates stack up and why?
- What are the biggest issues and challenges facing media today?
- A simple way to check your advertising agency fees
- No one wants to hire Noddy the account director
- Global Marketer Week 2014 addresses the big marketing issues
Most In Demand this Month
Last month at TrinityP3 we helped our clients achieve their goals in the following ways:
- Reviewed the Media Contract and Benchmarked the SOW for a global Financial Services company
- Managed a Creative Agency Review for a global Financial Services company
- Managed a Creative Agency Review for a National Sporting Association
- Benchmarked the SOW for a National Sporting Association
- Benchmarked the SOW for a global Online Retailer
- Benchmarked the SOW for a global Automotive client
- Managed a Media Agency Review for a global Insurance company
- Managed a Creative Agency Review for a global Insurance company
- Benchmarked a TV Production Campaign for a global Restaurant client
- Benchmarked a TV Production Campaign for a Personal Care client
- Managed a Experiential Agency Review for a National Sporting Association
- Benchmarked a TV Production Campaign for a global Telecommunications client
- Managed a Media Agency Review for a Media Broadcast client
- Negotiated a Digtial Production Campaign for a Financial Services client
- Managed a Roster Alignment project for a Telecommunications client
If you would like assistance or advice on any aspect of your marketing spend, contact us today for a confidential discussion.