P3Digital sponsor Digital Marketing and Media Summit 2007, 19th November 2007 , Langham Hotel, Melbourne BOOK NOW
Pass it on
Know anyone who might be interested in our newsletter? Click here to forward this newsletter.
At a recent digital workshop, Russell Easther asked the question “What can we learn from users as they move across a company or brand’s website?” Except for one marketer, the participants from various backgrounds within advertising, media and marketing positions were silent. This was a worrying sign.
So in this edition of the P3 e-news Russell Easther explains about the important information you can learn from the traffic frequenting your website.
Are you tracking your website traffic?
After analysing some basic information derived from traffic reports across your website at a very top level, you will be able to answer the following questions:-
• What websites are my visitors are coming from directly before they get to land on my website? • What search terms are users searching for before they land on my website?
• What product pages are viewed the most? How long does the average user stay engaged with that product? With my entire website? • What country or state is my traffic coming from?
• How many users are actually viewing my website? Does the communication in off-line media swell visits to my website?
Why do marketing managers need this information?
Strong marketing and business decisions can be made based on this information. For example, a state based tourism department regularly targets international customers with the aim of directing them to a particular area of the website. Mid campaign they ran an analysis of where the traffic from this country was actually viewing and found it to be quite different to what they expected. Marketing informed Customer Insights and the marketing strategy for that market went under review asap.
Where can I get this information?
This information is free, and 9 businesses out of 10 already have this information, with the IT department the gatekeeper of the data. All it will take is a login to your ‘Website Hosting Measurement Package’ and a small amount of determination.
Some brands look at website traffic flow, behaviours and basic metrics as a website ‘dashboard’. The data is analysed or interpreted by the marketing department and then distributed to other departments within the organisation. At the end of the day it’s the study of consumer behaviour, this time, in an online environment.
Want to get more information or go into greater detail?
You have 2 options. Several providers exist in the market who sell and manage website centric measurement packages that will do the hard work for you. If you need help choosing the right provider for your needs, P3Digital is more than happy to help.
Alternatively, we offer a “Digital Strategy Reality Check” and can assess and make recommendations across your entire digital marketing, including: 1. An independent assessment of the online media and creative strategy based on our knowledge of the digital market
2. A careful analysis across all components of the strategy response based on briefing requirements from the advertiser
3. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the brief responses
4. Assessment of the online media plan
5. Assessment of the creative strategy
6. Identify areas for improvement and suggest an approach to engage the agencies across strategy shortfalls.
For more information please contact Russell Easther at P3 in Melbourne 03 9682 6800 or in Sydney 02 8399 0922 or email email@example.com
Interested in procurement?
P3 will be exhibiting at the 3rd CIPS Australia Annual Conference, today and tomorrow at Crown Towers Melbourne.
See us at stand 18 in the Purchasing Exchange where you can talk to Darren Woolley or Tony Quail, pick up our P3 brochure and P3Media brochure, collect a range of our latest Top 10’s, or pick up one of our incredibly popular Marketing Negotiation Tools.
Or if you missed our recent Top 10 on procuring advertising services, click here to order yours today.
P3TV Workshops filling fast
Get out your diaries. The next P3TV Production Workshops for Advertisers, run in conjunction with the Nine Network in Melbourne and Sydney are booked in for November.
This half day workshop run by Darren Woolley will give you a better understanding of the tv commercial production process, help you make more informed decisions and participate more effectively.
Booking forms will be posted this week, or click here to download a booking form from our website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliance Review is a new monthly publication for anyone who employs performers in the advertising, marketing and entertainment industries.
This month’s features include ‘The hidden costs of compliance’ and ‘Migration Act changes – new penalties for employers’. The issue also features articles from the following contributors:
– Darren Woolley, P3: Is loading talent fees a load of rubbish?
– Anisimoff Legal: Web 2.0 – Goldmine… or minefield? – AANA: Advertisers – you CAN negotiate talent agreements
– OHS Media: Ad agencies – don’t get caught out on OHS! – AFA: Raising industry standards through AFA accreditation
To download the latest issue of Compliance Review, click here
This email was sent to [email address suppressed] Click here to instantly unsubscribe.
P3 Suite 201, 63 Stead Street South Melbourne VIC 3205 t: + 61 3 9682 6800 f: + 61 3 9682 7855