Considered the Mr Wolf of Marketing Communication, Darren Woolley has been solving performance problems for marketers and their agencies since 2000.
With his background as analytical scientist, creative problem solver and a Certified Practising Marketer, Darren brings unique insights and learnings to the marketing process. He is considered a thought leader in the marketing management discipline and a regular industry commentator to trade and business media and forums around the world and keynote speaker on the business of marketing. He has also authored and published more than 1,000 posts on the TrinityP3 blog and published the business book “Top 50 Marketing Management Posts of the Year” annually from 2013 – 2019, plus hosted the weekly Managing Marketing podcast since 2015.
Darren started his working life as a scientist at the Royal Children’s Hospital Neuropathology Laboratory in Melbourne, Australia, undertaking research in myopathies, neuropathies, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Repetitive Strain Injury. He established a chemical recycling company called Resolve before falling into advertising in the mid eighties.
During his 15 years as a writer and Creative Director, Darren developed brand and business communication strategies for a broad range of global and local brands. He was Creative Director at J Walter Thompson and President of the Melbourne Art Directors’ Club for two consecutive terms.
In 2000, Darren founded TrinityP3, Asia Pacific’s leading strategic marketing management consultancy with an international network of more than 30 industry professionals helping people to achieve commercial purpose through creative process. What that means is he leverages his extensive knowledge of the marketing and advertising industry, to solve advertisers problems and achieve maximum value from their budget.
Now a decade on, TrinityP3 is at the leading edge of decision making in the marketing, media and advertising industry that spent nearly $600 billion in 2015 and their client base includes more than 50 of the world’s top 100 advertisers, with offices in Singapore, Sydney, London, New York and Zurich.
More recently he was elected to the board of the Australian Marketing Institute in 2014 and was Chair of the Board from 2015 to 2016.
- With agency costs on the rise, how should advertisers respond?
- Managing Marketing: Why Procurement are the Marketing Good Guys
- Why the hidden OUCH! Factor cost of advertising agency pitching is not financial
- Managing Marketing: Innovation in the Advertising and PR Business
- Why 20% of the agency retainer you are paying is lost to you
- What’s causing all the agency reviews?
- Managing Marketing: Dysfunctional Agency Finances
- When a full-time agency resource is not a full-time resource
- Managing Marketing: The Impact of Digital Technology on Marketing
- According to this industry consultant, 84% of clients are wasting everyone’s time pitching