- The agency charges the marketer for digital media on a CPM or CPC basis. The cost is passed through at net or at an agreed capped mark-up.
- Associated technology costs are not hidden but are listed, so that the marketer can see exactly what proportion of budget is spent on the actual inventory, and what proportion is spent on associated technology costs.
- The agency does not buy inventory in bulk and pass it on to the marketer; it buys inventory specifically for the marketer. This may mean a cost increase in CPM terms, but there may also be a quality uplift.
- The marketer has the right to audit and has greater understanding generally of the cost model in place.
- Read more on Disclosed Media Fees here
Their willingness to go above and beyond and offer advice & suggestions so we could meet our aggressive timelines played a major role in helping us deliver a process that was appreciated by our internal stakeholders and by the agencies involved.— John Lewis, Marketing Services Manager, IAG